Mobile Banking Policy
Thank you for using the FNB Mobile App (“App” and/or “Services”) and any related Software (“Software”) provided by First Neighbor Bank NA (“Financial Institution”) combined with your cell phone’s text messaging and data capabilities. By participating in the Services or using the Software, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions, as well as any terms and conditions to which you have previously agreed with respect to financial privacy laws and underlying electronic banking and BillPay services of which the Service is a part. These policies exist to inform you of the policies and practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of any personal information that we and our service providers collect from about users in connection with the app’s website and mobile application (Services).
The App allows you to:
- get real-time balances for your accounts
- manage your money
- view your transactions and statements
- make transfers
- pay your bills and manage billers
- deposit a check
- receive alerts
- manage cards
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT IN THE APP
Through your use of the Services, we may collect personal information from you in the following ways:
- Personal Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, address, e-mail, telephone number, and social security number when you create an account.
- We will collect the financial and transaction information necessary to provide you with the Services, including account numbers, payment card expiration date, payment card identification, verification numbers, and transaction and payment history.
- If you provide feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- We also collect other types of personal information that you provide voluntarily, such as any information requested by us if you contact us via email regarding support for the Services.
- Personal Information Collected from Third Parties. We may collect certain information from identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus, in order to provide some of our Services.
- Personal Information Collected Via Technology. We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our Services, our communications, and other online services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device’s operating system type and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, RAM and disk size, CPU usage, device type (e.g., phone, tablet), IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, radio/network information (e.g., Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G), and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, the website you visited before browsing to the Service, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns.
- Local storage technologies, like HTML5 and Flash, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data, including on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
- Location Information. If you have enabled location services on your phone and agree to the collection of your location when prompted by the Services, we will collect location data when you use the Services even when the app is closed or not in use; for example, to provide our fraud detection services. If you do not want us to collect this information, you may decline the collection of your location when prompted or adjust the location services settings on your device.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED IN THE APP
- General Use. In general, we use your personal information collected through your use of the Services to respond to your requests as submitted through the Services, to provide you the Services you request, and to help serve you better. We use your personal information, in connection with the App, in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of, and secure and maintain your account
- identify you as a legitimate user in our system
- provide improved administration of the Services
- provide the Services you request
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with the Services
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories; and send surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the Services.
- Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims)
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate / deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
- Creation of Non-Identifiable Data. The App may create de-identified information records from personal information by excluding certain information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We may use this information in a form that does not personally identify you to analyze request patterns and usage patterns to enhance our products and services. We reserve the right to use and disclose non-identifiable information to third parties in our discretion.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose your personal information collected through your use of the Services as described below.
- Third Party Service Providers. You acknowledge that in connection with your use of the Services, Financial Institution and its affiliates and service providers, including Fiserv, Inc. and its affiliates, may receive and may share with one another names, domain names, addresses, passwords, telephone and device numbers, the content of messages, data files and other data and information provided by you or from other sources in connection with the Services or Software (collectively “User Information”). The Financial Institution and its affiliates and service providers will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the information from unauthorized disclosure or use, but reserve the right to use and disclose this information as reasonably necessary to deliver the Services and as otherwise permitted by law, including compliance with court orders or lawful instructions from a government agency, to protect the personal safety of subscribers or the public, to defend claims, and as otherwise authorized by you. We may share this information to provide you with the Services; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate the creation of accounts; to optimize the performance of the Services; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the App. The Financial Institution and its affiliates and service providers also reserve the right to monitor use of the Services and Software for purposes of verifying compliance with the law, these terms and conditions and any applicable license, but disclaim any obligation to monitor, filter, or edit any content.
- Authorities and Others. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your personal information, The App may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, for the compliance and protection services described above.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Financial Institution offers their customers mobile access to their account information (e.g., for checking balances and last transactions) over the Short Message Service (SMS), as well as the option to set up alerts for their accounts (e.g., low balance alerts). Enrollment requires identification of the user's banking relationship with Financial Institution as well as providing a mobile phone number. The mobile phone number's verification is done by the user receiving an SMS message with a verification code which they will have to enter on the website. Additionally, customers may select the type of alerts and other preferences which will determine, together with their account data, the frequency of alerts delivered to the customer. This program will be ongoing. Standard messaging charges apply. Customers will be allowed to opt out of this program at any time.
- You can contact us by text message with the word "HELP" to this number: 31727. We can answer any questions you have about the program.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have several choices regarding use of information on the Services.
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Some web browsers transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is currently no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not act in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, we may revise its policy on responding to these signals.
- Access, Update, or Correct Your Information. You can access, update, or correct your information by changing preferences in your account. For additional requests, please contact us.
- Opting Out of Email or SMS Communications. If you have signed-up to receive our email marketing communications, you can unsubscribe any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link included at the bottom of the email or other electronic communication. Alternatively, you can opt out of receiving marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information under "Contact Us" below. If you provide your phone number through the Services, we may send you notifications by SMS, such as providing a fraud alert. You may opt out of SMS communications by unlinking your mobile phone number through the Services or by sending a text that says “STOP” to this number: 31727. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. After that, you will not receive any future messages.
- Opting Out of Location Tracking. If you initially consented to the collection of geo-location information through the Services, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. Please note, however, that if you withdraw consent to our collection of location information, you may no longer be able to use some features of the App.
SAFEGUARDS AND RETENTION
We implement reasonable administrative, technical, and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
The Services and/or Software may not be available at all times for any reason outside of the reasonable control of Financial Institution or any service provider. Outages can be caused for many reasons, both with and without notice, and agreeing to these Terms and Conditions acknowledges that you understand that there may be occasional lapses in availability.
RESTRICTIONS ON USE
You agree not to use the Services and Software in or for any illegal, fraudulent, unauthorized or improper manner or purpose and will only be used in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including all applicable state, federal, and international Internet, data, telecommunications, telemarketing, “spam,” and import/export laws and regulations, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not use the Services and Software to transmit or disseminate:
- junk mail, spam, or unsolicited material to persons or entities that have not agreed to receive such material or to whom you do not otherwise have a legal right to send such material
- material that infringes or violates any third party’s intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, privacy, or confidentiality, or the rights or legal obligations of any wireless service provider or any of its clients or subscribers
- material or data, that is illegal, or material or data, as determined by Financial Institution (in its sole discretion), that is harassing, coercive, defamatory, libelous, abusive, threatening, obscene, or otherwise objectionable, materials that are harmful to minors or excessive in quantity, or materials the transmission of which could diminish or harm the reputation of Financial Institution or any third-party service provider involved in the provision of the Services
- material or data that is alcoholic beverage-related (e.g., beer, wine, or liquor), tobacco-related (e.g., cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco), guns or weapons-related (e.g., firearms, bullets), illegal drugs-related (e.g., marijuana, cocaine), pornographic-related (e.g., adult themes, sexual content), crime-related (e.g., organized crime, notorious characters), violence-related (e.g., violent games), death-related (e.g., funeral homes, mortuaries), hate-related (e.g. racist organizations), gambling-related (e.g., casinos, lotteries), specifically mentions any wireless carrier or copies or parodies the products or Services of any wireless carrier
- viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information
- any material or information that is false, misleading, or inaccurate
- any material that would expose Financial Institution, any third-party service provider involved in providing the Services, or any other third party to liability
- any signal or impulse that could cause electrical, magnetic, optical, or other technical harm to the equipment or facilities of Fiserv or any third party.
You also agree that you will not attempt any of the following:
- to access any Software or Services for which your use has not been authorized
- to use or attempt to use a third party’s account
- to interfere in any manner the provision of the Services or Software, the security of the Services or Software, or other customers of the Services or Software, or otherwise abuse the Services or Software.
Use of Google Maps.
You agree to abide by (1) the Google terms and conditions of use found at https://maps.google.com/help/terms_maps/ and (2) the Google Legal Notices found at https://www.google.com/intl/en-us/help/legalnotices_maps/, or other URLs as may be updated by Google.